If you are spending some time relaxing at home and want to take care of yourself and your skin, you will love these easy DIY sugar scrubs we have for you.
Bride or not, every woman needs her scrub! But you should always look for the most natural and healthy products in order not to harm your skin.
There are plenty of DIY sugar scrubs that lighten, nourish, soothe, and even tighten your skin; all you have to do is mix a few ingredients together.
The base of these scrubs is preferably sugar, why? Sugar is a natural glycolic acid that removes dead skin and stimulates the growth of new skin.
For more DIY beauty treatments click here!
Take a look at these super easy 4 DIY sugar scrubs and try them out at home:
Banana Sugar Scrub
Bananas are great for acne and will soothe and moisturize your skin.
- 1 ripe banana
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey (or maple syrup, agave syrup, golden syrup)
- A few drops of pure vanilla extract
- Mix all of your ingredients together.
- Gently massage it all over your body.
- Rinse. Your skin will thank you!
Oatmeal and Sugar Scrub
Oatmeal nourishes and soothes your skin; it also helps scrape away dead skin cells.
- 3 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- 2 Cups White Sugar
- 1 Cup Oatmeal
- Clean your skin with lukewarm water or a warm damp washcloth, or take a hot shower or a steam bath to clean and open up your pores.
- Mix all the ingredients until you have some kind of paste.
- Rub in a circular motion and gently massage to exfoliate.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Pat your skin dry and moisturize.
Vanilla and Coffee Sugar Scrub
Coffee always wakes us up in the morning and believe it or not, it will do the same for your skin! Coffee will energize and soften your skin.
Vanilla has antioxidants that will help rejuvenate your skin, plus the smell of vanilla has calming and sedative effects!
- 1/4 cup olive oil1
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of sugar
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1/2 cup used coffee grounds from a freshly brewed pot
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and blend using a fork.
- Store scrub in the jar.
- Use on wet skin.
- After scrubbing rinse with water and mild soap or body wash.
- Apply lotion after you finish to lock in the moisture.
Coconut and Rose Body Scrub
Nothing smells better than coconut and roses! So how about you combine them for a tasty body scrub that not only smells good but is great for your skin as well.
The saturated fats in the coconut oil will keep your skin smooth and silky; coconut oil is also rich in vitamin C and has anti-aging properties.
Roses have anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, they are rich with antioxidants that help tighten the pores, which is why rose water makes a great toner.
So to keep your skin feeling and smelling beautiful, here is how you can do this coconut and rose body scrub at home:
- Coconut Oil
- Raw Cane Sugar or Brown Sugar
- Almond or Jojoba Oil
- 1 Fragrant Rose
- Jar or Container
- Put 1 scoop of coconut oil in the bottom of the jar.
- Pluck your rose petals and put them in the jar as well.
- Add sugar.
- Add your almond or jojoba oil on top of the sugar.
- Wait a minute for your oil to seep down to the flower petals and then top it off with a little more almond or jojoba oil.
- When you are ready to use it, take a spoon, and mash it all up.