For decades, dates have been known for their great health benefits, and there is a reason why Muslims break their fast during Ramadan with a date.
Not only date great for your health, but they are also great for your skin, hair, and nails! Dates are a great source of fiber, sugar, carbohydrates, vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5 and C, potassium and magnesium, so they’re a great way to help your body go back to its normal healthy level.
When fasting, your body can suffer from headaches, low blood sugar, and lethargy. Since dates are rich in vitamin B5, they help in reducing hair loss and stretch marks on the skin as well.
You can use dates to fight aging by applying them as a paste on your face.
Stay Healthy and Maintain Your Weight
- Dates are a great way to fill you up and help you maintain your weight, yes even though they are a sweet sugary fruit dates can help you maintain your weight during Ramadan.
- Snack on a few dates instead of sugary desserts and sweets; try a mix of dates and almonds as well to keep you full. But make sure that there is no artificial sugar coating on the dates.
- To avoid overeating during Iftar, break your fast with 2 dates and a cup of yogurt or milk.
- A single serving of about 100 grams of dates has around 280 calories.
Try this amazing face mask:
- 8-9 Dates• 1/2 orange or lemon
- Don’t remove the skin of the dates, just the seed. Then, put the ingredients in the blender to create a paste.
- Make sure your face is clean, and apply the mixture on your face, massage it with your fingertips and leave for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and pat dry your face for a clean glowing look.