Are you tying the knot this winter? No need to worry about your wedding decorations, budget, or even the weather when it comes to planning your winter wedding, all you need to do is see these breathtaking winter wedding ideas we have for you.
If you're not looking forward to having your wedding in winter, you will change your mind once you see the beautiful ideas right here.
Weddings are always so much fun, and every wedding season has its perks.
Here are 5 reasons to consider having your wedding in winter:
- It’s More Romantic: Winter always makes people want to get warm, cuddle up, and light up some candles, which is very romantic. So use candles, dim lighting, and giveaway some shawls. Even better, have a photoshoot outdoors if it’s snowing, your pictures will be unique and memorable!
- Elegant Bridal Look: Look like a Russian princess by adding a beautiful fur wrap, a fluffy bolero, or a velvet cloak.
- Flower Alternatives: Bored with flowers? You can get so creative in winter with your bouquet or floral arrangements.
- Save Money: Winter is an off-season for weddings, so most vendors will probably give you a discount or offer on their services. Read: 15 Wedding Budget Tips to Save You Lots of Money.
- Availability: Whether it’s your venue, photographer, or DJ, you will have more of a chance to find booking availabilities than in spring or summer.
Winter weddings can be magical and warm if done the right way, so here are some things you should know while planning awinter wedding:
If you're looking for an easy winter wedding decor and color combination, try out a less-is-more approach to your color scheme this winter. Stick to silver and white with crystal accents as they add a lot of glam to your winter wedding. You can also try white velvet and white satin ribbons.
For brides who love a bolder or more dramatic wedding theme, you can add darker colored details such as deep red, plum, and even black.
Winter Wedding Flowers
Red roses, calla lilies, and amaryllis are unarguably winter wedding flowers, but there are many more to consider. White hydrangeas and soft ranunculuses are hot hot hot this winter. White boutonnieres can also be a great choice when accented with greenery. Add sparkle to your bouquet by wrapping the stems in a ribbon embellished with crystals or other winter-inspired details, check out these stunning ideas for wedding bouquet wraps.
Winter Wedding Invitations
If you don't want an all-white theme, silver sparkle, or traditional wedding color, try a navy blue, chocolate-brown, or dark purple wedding invitations.
You can add some winter details such as snowflakes for a very wintery touch.
Winter Wedding Centerpieces
- There are many ideas you can add to your winter wedding centerpieces depending on what vibe you want to have.
- For example for a warm and cozy wedding theme use a lot of candles.
- Bring the outdoors to your wedding with trees and greenery.
- Use some elegant ice sculptures and snowflakes decorations for an icy and snow theme.
- Tell your florist to fill the vases with tall winter-white branches and hanging crystals so that they can reflect the light from the tables.
- Add some pinecones or succulents to your centerpieces as well for a unique touch.
The ideas are endless!
Winter Wedding Favors
It’s always a good idea to give away edible wedding favors. There are so many beautiful wedding favors that are all about winter! We have a few ideas that you might like for your winter wedding:
- The most popular ones we have in Middle Easters weddings are chocolates! But how about mixing it up a little and have cookies or truffles for a refreshing change? Better yet, consider giving out small boxes of chocolate-covered dates or dried fruit. For more edible wedding favor ideas click here!
- Caramel covered apples are a sweet and fun treat to give your guests once the wedding is over.
- Nothing says winter treat more than hot chocolate, spoil your guests with these chocolate cubes that melt when put in milk to make a delicious hot chocolate.
- Keep your guests warm with beautiful pashminas and shawls.
- Candle wedding favors can also be considered as a wintery gift.
- You can make any wedding favor wintery if you do it right, want to have soap wedding favors? Have snowflake shaped soaps! Not only are they useful but they are also so pretty.
- If you’re sure it will rain on your wedding day then why not give away some pretty umbrellas or cute colorful rain boots to your wedding guests.
Luxurious chandeliers will add a romantic and warm touch to your winter wedding.
Snowflakes Wedding Theme
Whether you live in a country that snows or not, you most likely love snowflakes just as much as we do. There is just something magical about them, right? So why not choose something as pretty and simple as snowflakes for your wedding theme?
Gingerbread is a popular flavor and dessert during winter especially close to Christmas, so why not include it in your wedding, you can have gingerbread cookies as favors, or gingerbread bride and groom as your wedding cake topper.
Let it Snow
We’re not talking about real snow here, you can have fake snow during your entrance into the wedding hall or during your first dance, and this will definitely add a magical touch to your wedding. We’re sure you can find the right experts around you, simply ask your wedding planner.
Yarn Wedding Details
For a unique touch think including yarn to your wedding, how? Here are some ideas:
- Wedding favors wrapped in yarn.
- Wedding invitations with yarn accents.
- Wedding chair decorations.
Delicious Winter Flavors
Consider having winter-inspired desserts and cake flavors at your wedding, here are some ideas to include at your wedding:
- Caramel is a very popular flavor to be used at fall and winter weddings. Caramel is great to have all year round, especially in winter!
- Keep your wedding guests warm with hot chocolate or other warm drinks.
- Smore's are a delicious winter treat and can be presented as a DIY food station.
If you are looking for a different idea for your wedding centerpiece that goes along with any color scheme, this is it. An ice sculpture centerpiece that can be carved in any shape or size you like. You will certainly impress your guests with the crystal clear ice carvings, sitting gracefully at the center of their tables.