Wonderful Wedding Bouquets of Roses
Roses are the most popular and traditional choice when it comes to wedding flower arrangements and wedding bouquets. Roses make for beautiful bouquets and arrangements, and as they come in many different colors, you will always find a shade that suits your wedding theme.
There are more than 150 different types of roses, but there is only a handful that make regular appearances in wedding bouquets. The most popular roses for weddings are hybrid tea roses (the standard rose), sweetheart roses, garden roses, and spray roses. Read Wedding Roses 101 on Martha Stewart to find out what rose type you like and get ideas for using them in your wedding flowers.
You can never go wrong when choosing roses for your bridal bouquet and wedding flower centerpieces, as roses give a feeling of luxury and elegance while not being very overpriced.
Take inspiration from these colorful wedding bouquets that we love and choose the style and color that suits you. If you find something you love, ask your wedding florist to create a similar bridal bouquet.
Meanings of Colors
Roses have always been a symbol of love, romance, and passion, so it is only normal that they are associated with weddings.
Each of the different colors of roses mean something different, for example: White roses signify purity, red roses signify romance and passion, pink roses signify happiness, and orange roses signify excitement.
Types of Roses
- Hybrid tea roses are the most popular wedding roses as they have high centred blooms and thick strong stems, with just one bloom to a stem.
- Floribunda roses have a more natural and less structured appearance than hybrid tea roses. They have multiple flowers to a stem.
- Heritage roses are ideal for a vintage or classic themed wedding, although they may be more expensive.
- Miniature roses are great for table arrangements and for the flower girls.
Get Inspired from Real Brides
Many brides have chosen their wedding bouquets to be made from roses, and most of the brides we have seen have chosen white roses or blush; this look is always elegant and timeless.
Here are some brides who chose roses, in different colors, for their wedding bouquets:
- Kris Fade and Brianna Ramirez Wedding on 'Dubai Bling'
- Modern Blue and Metallics Wedding in Lebanon
- A Floral Haven Wedding in Egypt
- Maysoon Bastoni and Mustafa Ozbaran's Destination Wedding in Cyprus
Below are images of our favorite rose wedding bouquets: